The PixLab development team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of FACEIO's fio.js V 1.9. A major release which implements highly requested features from our customers including but not limited to:
- Face Duplication (same user enrolling twice or more) Prevention.
- Dynamic Session Reloading without Page Refreshing.
- Faster facial features collection during enrollment.
- Upto 1.3x faster facial authentication operation.
- French, Japanese, Vietnamese & Dutch new language packs.
Face Duplication Prevention:
When enabled, this option shall prevent the same user from enrolling twice or more on your application. That is, if the facial features of the user being enrolled are already recorded, the enroll operation is aborted, and the
fioErrCode.FACE_DUPLICATION error code is raised to your host application instead. This option is immediately available to trigger from the FACEIO Console. Please refer to the updated boilerplate code to see this feature in action.
When this option is disabled (default case), it is considered, a no-error operation for the same user to enroll twice or more on your application. This will trigger a collision, and ask the user to confirm his PIN code whenever an authentication operation occurs with the user in question.
Session Reloading without Page Refreshing:
restartSession() method let you purge the current user session and request a new one. By default, sessions in FACEIO starts following the first call to the
authenticate() method whichever comes first, and are immutable. After successful call to this method, the old session is discarded, a new one is created, and you can perform another round of calls to
location.reload() to do so.
Please note that dynamic session generation via this method are available to the Premium Plans only. Think of upgrading your Freemium application from the FACEIO Console first before calling this method on your frontend
Finally, for additional information & to learn more about implementing FACEIO on your website or web application, please refer to the following documents:
- Getting Started Tutorial: Learn the fundamentals about implementing facial authentication on a typical web application.
- Integration Guide: Learn how to implement fio.js, our facial recognition library on your website.
- Developer Center: Code samples, documentation, support channels, and all the resources yo need to implement FACEIO on your website.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Get instant answers to the most common questions.
- Trust Center: Learn how we handle your data securely and in compliance with privacy and legal requirements.